I haven't been able to find my leather helmet*, but I have the rest of the gear I need: goggles, wig (see icon), leather cap and jacket, army jacket, pocket watch, flask with compass, and raygun. I realised I also needed a persona, like the other steampunkers here, so I'm Lucinda Augusta Throgmorton. I toyed with Henrietta Buckleton which was the magnificent name a school friend rejoiced in (she wanted to be a truck driver when she left school) but decided I'd create my own.
Other things I'm going to:
- Tea Duelling tomorrow morning, as a competitor
- League of Victorian Imagineers Mess Dinner, Murder Mystery and Airship Racing tomorrow night
- Steampunk NZ Moments In Time: a series of tiny theatre pieces at the Opera House on Sunday
- Assorted markets and demos
* Found the helmet which is good because my leather flat cap didn't fit over my wig.
Also posted on Dreamwidth, with comments.