I was tagged for this by kerravonsen most recently and other people before her, including zoefruitcake, I think. I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you want to post your own 10 weird habits/things/little known facts, go right ahead and I'll be very interested to read about them.
10 weird habits/things/little known facts
- I call the cats 'sweetness', 'darling', 'cutie' etc but am incapable of using those sorts of words on a human.
- I can do the Bewitched twitch.
- Though I hardly ever have to, I can get by in Yiddish, in which I seem to have a Polish accent.
- There are a lot of foods I won't eat, but the ones that cause me the most trouble are pork/ham/bacon (which are in almost everything in NZ so it's easier to say I'm vegetarian when I'm on a course), and olives and shellfish which seem to brand me as somehow non-cool.
- I studied Latin at high school--and enjoyed it.
- I have a physics degree but I only ever used it in a holiday job I had once doing experiments at a nuclear research institute.
- I can dream and think in German. I also don't have an accent in it; people assume I'm German till my first mistake. It usually takes me about 3-5 minutes to make one. :-P
- I buy all my clothes (and many other things) by mail order because I hate shopping with a passion. About a third of my clothes are from the men's section.
- I can bend my fingers back at 90 degrees to my hand.
- I don't watch or read the news. I don't want to know about the horrible and depressing things people do to other people. I am much happier that way. Documentaries and articles about the things that interest me are another matter though.