And for once I'm not the last one on my flist to see it. That? Was an excellent and joy-making ep.
Speaking of flists, I loved the motorway people having friends lists. Since I can't think of anything I didn't like, here's all the stuff I did:
- Cats! And an adorable Irish one played by Ardal O'Hanlon (Dougal in Father Ted).
- Kittens! I wonder when they become sentient, but they were only two months old.
- The motorway people, a wonderfully eccentric lot undefeated by their lives, esp the two old ladies and their book.
- Martha being stroppy and brave and intelligent and making the Doctor talk to her at the end.
- The Doctor telling her about Gallifrey (but not--yet--that he was the cause).
- Novice Hame redeeming herself by tending the Face of Boe and saving the undercity. Oh and having the gun for pirates.
- The plot not being about the callous disregard of the undercity's people, but the saving of them.
- It wasn't on Earth (well, the old one)!