From altariel, matildabj and glitterboy1:
Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (month and day, excluding the year). List three facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the year.
A depressing lot, but I chose these:
- 1789 - Mutiny on the HMS Bounty. Captain William Bligh and 18 sailors are set adrift and the rebel crew sets sail for Pitcairn Island.
- 1947 - Thor Heyerdahl and five crewmates set out from Peru on the Kon-Tiki to prove that Peruvian natives could have settled Polynesia.
- 2003 - Apple Computer's iTunes Music Store launches, selling 1 million songs in its first week.
A much better crop. It was hard to pick (Jorge Garcia!) but here you go:
- 1906 - Kurt Gödel, Austrian mathematician (d. 1978)
- 1948 - Terry Pratchett, English author
I hadn't heard of most of them, but here's one who had it coming:
- 1945 - Benito Mussolini, Italian fascist dictator (b. 1882)